I. Personal information
- University of Tartu, PhD in Human Geography, 2001
- University of Tartu, MSc in Geography, 1996
- University of Tartu, BSc in Geography, 1994
Estonian mother tongue, English and Russian second and third languages
- Department of Architecture and Built Environment, Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands, guest researcher (2014–)
- Department of Geography and Economic Geography, Umeå University, Sweden, guest researcher (2010)
- Institute of Ecology and Earth Sciences, University of Tartu, professor of urban and population geography (2009–)
- Institute of Ecology and Earth Sciences, University of Tartu, senior researcher (2004–2008)
- Department of Geography, Utah University, USA, guest researcher (2003)
- Institute of Geography, University of Tartu, researcher (2002)
- Institute of Geography, University of Tartu, lecturer (2000–2001)
- Department of Geography, Helsinki University, Finland, guest researcher (1999)
- Centre for Migration and Diaspora Studies, University of Tartu, researcher (1998–1999)
- I am among the top cited researchers in the field of urban studies in Eastern Europe1.
- Estonian government awarded me with a title social scientist of the year in 2011.
- I have participated in research projects awarded in 13,400,000 euro during my career.
For my complete CV, please click here →